Deliver Energy Efficient Design
Commercial and residential architecture today demands energy-efficient insulation that performs consistently year-round and does not compromise your design vision. Icynene’s portfolio of high-performance closed-cell and open-cell spray foam insulation solutions help your firm:
- Meet building codes, including 2009, 2012 and 2015 codes
- Deliver on schedule
- Deliver on budget
- Deliver code-compliant commercial architecture designs that work
Icynene’s code-compliant spray foam insulation has been tested and evaluated by industry associations, including ABAA, ICC-ES and CHPS.
Design with Spray Foam
Spray foam is different than traditional insulation. It allows an architect to use one product for many purposes: to achieve an air barrier, vapor barrier and provide effective insulation. Spray foam can provide you with a cost-effective building design and energy efficient insulation that improves building performance.
Spray foam is an excellent way that you can incorporate energy reductions into your building design. The results of a study by the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA) show that the energy and environmental benefits from spray foam insulation used in new residential construction and commercial roofing retrofits far outweigh the energy and environmental impacts.
- Moisture control: Spray foam helps control moisture. Open- and closed-cell spray foam can act as a moisture vapor barrier. In addition, sealing gaps and air leaks can prevent humidity and condensation within a building.
- Mold prevention: Spray foam also helps prevent mold. By controlling moisture, spray foam can limit one of the key variables that can lead to mold growth.
- Structural durability: Spray foam makes buildings more durable. Fewer moisture problems result in a more durable building. Also, medium density, closed-cell spray foam can be used to make wall assemblies stronger by increasing their racking strength.
- Design flexibility: Spray foam provides design flexibility. Spray foam expands to fill cavities, crevices, and gaps – even awkward or difficult to reach areas – allowing you to be creative with your design.
- Green sustainability: Spray foam contributes to green building design strategies. Icynene’s closed cell foam insulation has earned the Greenguard Certification, helping significantly reduce carbon emissions, and save on heating and cooling costs.
Spray Foam vs. XPS Rigid Board
Icynene and Demilec closed-cell spray foams are medium density solutions that outperform XPS rigid board on every level. From cost to performance to design capabilities, they are the superior choice.
When compared to high-performance closed-cell spray foam insulation products, you will benefit from:
- An ideal solution for curved and uniquely shaped surfaces enabling you to lead with design innovation
- Cost reductions due to less labor and fewer materials compared to XPS rigid board